- I’m New
Welcome to EV Youth! We'd be stoked to meet you at one of our Friday night gatherings, or in a small group or on one of our camps.
Check out these pages if you're hungry for more info.
Who is Jesus?
He made huge claims. He claimed to bring life in it's fullest, forgive sins, give eternal life, set people free. He claimed to be equal with God and the rightful ruler of our lives. He backed up his claims by dying and rising again as a fact of history.
If these claims are true, they are insanely good news and demand a response. Have you looked into Jesus?
- What’s On
Every term is different at EV Youth. Most Friday nights we are at the same place doing the usual sweet stuff, but a few times each term there are special events that it's good to know about in advance.
Click the links below to find out what's happening this term.
Sign up for the email newsletter for occasional updates to make sure you stay in the loop.
You can also like us on facebook or twitter to get updates.
We love camps.
PHAT, our annual camp, is unmissable. Every year, campers call it "the best week of my life". Summer Camps... chilled beach weekends in Term 4. Summerfest... 5 sweet summer nights in early January. Wintercon... 3 day conference to help you grow as a Christian.
Any high-school aged teen is welcome - click for more info.
Check this section for:
- resources like Bible talks, music
- daily reading notes, Bible Studies
- info and resources for parents
- info and resources for leaders.
This area under construction - stay tuned!
High School Scripture
Is This It?
When we look around at the world today, it’s hard not to feel there is a lot wrong with the world. With things like terrorism, dodgy politics and suffering around the world and in our own lives. It can feel like things aren’t as they should be, because life can often hurt and be really tough.
Living in a world like this we can find ourselves asking “Is This It?”.
This series looks at some of the hard realities of our world, what the bible has to say about why it’s this way, and what gives Christians hope in what can be a tough-going world.
- Why do people die? Looks at the reality that someday we all face death, but why does this happen if there’s a good God behind it all?
- Why do good people suffer? When good people suffer or have tough times, it can feel unfair and like God isn’t in control. This study looks at the bible’s explanation of why there is suffering in the world and that it’s part of God’s plan to change it.
- When people let us down. In a world where nobody is perfect it’s understandable that there will be times where the people around us can hurt us or let us down. This lesson will look at Jesus as the great model for how we should relate to others and God.
- The pursuit of happiness. When we scroll our facebook feed it can feel like all people are doing and chasing is fun and good times. Is that all there is to life? This lesson looks at what the bible has to say about happiness and where we can find our greatest contentment.
- Nothing is certain. It’s hard to know if anything is certain when things are constantly changing in the world and in our own lives. This study looks at the things the God of the Bible says we can be certain of.
- The great fix for the world. This study looks particularly at the events of Easter and how the cross changed everything not just for this life but the one to come.
- What’s next then? The Bible tells us there is a life to come after this one. How does that work and what does it look like? The study looks at what the Bible says about Jesus returning one day and what’s in store for his followers.
Is the Christian life easy? – This study explores what the Christian life is all about and what to expect if you are a follower of Jesus.
Flipside Lunchtime Groups
EV Church is a New South Wales approved provider of Religious Education and is the coordinator of Christian Voluntary Lunchtime groups in high schools on the Central Coast. These groups, known as Flipside, exist to give Christian students the opportunity to grow in their understanding of Christianity, and to allow other students who may be interested in knowing more about Christianity the chance to explore their questions in an informal setting.
Flipside Groups Talks
Week Beginning Topic Bible Passage 1 5/10/15 Jesus’ claims – What are they? What’s the big deal? John 10:7-10 2 12/10/15 The world’s big problem – What is it? What’s the big deal? Romans 3:23 3 19/10/15 God’s solution – What is it? Mark 10:45 4 26/10/15 Resurrection – Is it true? What does it matter? John 20:19-20, 24-29 5 2/11/15 Faith & Repentance – What is it? What isn’t it? Mark 1:15 6 9/11/15 Testimony 7 16/11/15 Testimony 8 23/11/15 Big Questions: How can I live the good life? John 10:10 9 30/11/15 Big Questions: What happens after we die? Hebrews 9:27 10 7/12/15 Big Questions: How can there be a good God when there’s so much suffering? Revelation 21:4 11 14/12/15 Why do we celebrate Christmas? John 3:16-18