- I’m New
Welcome to EV Youth! We'd be stoked to meet you at one of our Friday night gatherings, or in a small group or on one of our camps.
Check out these pages if you're hungry for more info.
Who is Jesus?
He made huge claims. He claimed to bring life in it's fullest, forgive sins, give eternal life, set people free. He claimed to be equal with God and the rightful ruler of our lives. He backed up his claims by dying and rising again as a fact of history.
If these claims are true, they are insanely good news and demand a response. Have you looked into Jesus?
- What’s On
Every term is different at EV Youth. Most Friday nights we are at the same place doing the usual sweet stuff, but a few times each term there are special events that it's good to know about in advance.
Click the links below to find out what's happening this term.
Sign up for the email newsletter for occasional updates to make sure you stay in the loop.
You can also like us on facebook or twitter to get updates.
- Camps / EventsMenu
We love camps.
PHAT, our annual camp, is unmissable. Every year, campers call it "the best week of my life". Summer Camps... chilled beach weekends in Term 4. Summerfest... 5 sweet summer nights in early January. Wintercon... 3 day conference to help you grow as a Christian.
Any high-school aged teen is welcome - click for more info.
- Bible Talks
Check this section for:
- resources like Bible talks, music
- daily reading notes, Bible Studies
- info and resources for parents
- info and resources for leaders.
This area under construction - stay tuned!
We think Jesus is a big deal.
The video below gives a pretty good short overview of why.
Check out some of the things he claimed about himself.
To bring life in its fullest…
“I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” (John 10:10)
To give everlasting life to anyone who trusts in him…
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
To be equal with God the Father…
“I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30)
Those are big claims!
More than just a good man
C.S. Lewis says it well:
“I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: “I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God.”
That is the one thing we must not say.
A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell.
You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse.
You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”
Jesus’ claims can’t simply be brushed aside. If they are true, they demand a response. We each owe it to ourselves to investigate these claims.
We encourage you to investigate Jesus for yourself
We’d encourage you to check out his claims for yourself. Here are some great ways to do that:
1) Come along to EV Youth to hear the Bible explained and ask all your questions.
2) Rock up at Jesus UNCUT. A series we run for high-school aged teens a few times per year. 4 Friday arvos with free food and a chance to consider the claims of Jesus for yourself.
3) Read it for yourself. The book called “Mark” in the Bible is a great place to start. If you have a readable, modern translation at home, look for Mark in the contents page. Or you can find the Bible online or download an App for your phone.
5) Got questions? Check out www.gotquestions.org or ask a leader. (We don’t necessarily agree with everything on that site, but most of what it says is pretty helpful)